Sunday, March 1, 2015

8 Months

It never ceases to amaze me how fast Dez is growing up! Only a month ago he was barely starting to pull himself up to stand and now it seems like he's always done that!

He wears mostly 9-month clothes. 12-month stuff fits him better but we don't have a lot of that yet!

His hair is finally seeming to get thicker and his eyes are still blue.

Tons of new things this month:

2 teeth! They looked like they were coming in for a while and all the sudden there they were. He didn't seem fussier than normal but now that I think about it this month he has been moodier than normal. I just didn't think it was teeth related!

He's started reaching for me when Colby holds him or vice versa. I love it so much!

He can drink out of a straw now and he loves water. He usually drinks too fast and makes himself choke. Colby gave him a taste of root beer the other day and he wasn't sure what to think but pretty sure he was a fan. The trick to actually getting him to eat food is giving him some water between bites. He does love feeding himself little pieces of bread or dry cereal, but could use some work with the fruit and veggies. (Although he loves sucking on oranges.)

He can clap! All the sudden he just started doing it one day. I don't think we really taught him but he just discovered it's possible.

He also started doing a "wave" type thing but he doesn't really know what it means yet. When I pick him up from a nap or something he'll usually start doing it.

Fake laughing like crazy. Every time I go in his room when he's in his crib he will start "laughing" uncontrollably. If he's crying and I go in there he starts laughing while also crying and I really can't tell which one he's doing.

He loves standing, practicing walking, can stand up on his own for a second or two, and is all around a crazy kid. Putting him in his pajamas after his bath is literally a two person job now because he's too strong for me already and I can barely catch him much less hold him down to get him dressed.

He also loves grabbing the ceiling fan switch and turning the light on and off. When we pick him up and he sees it on the ceiling he starts laughing and reaches up for it.

He punches his head repeatedly while I feed him most nights. Either that or punches me. I tried to get him to stop at first but the kid loves getting punched. Go figure.

But my favorite thing of all he does a lot is taking "hug breaks" while playing. When we're playing on the floor and he's standing up on something, every so often he will turn to me and hold his arm out, give me a hug, and go right back to playing until he does it again. He also gives the best, slobberiest kisses and you never know when he will just feel like giving you one. He is the sweetest, most cuddly boy and we love him more than anything!







No comments:

Post a Comment