Thursday, August 21, 2014

Louisiana 4Lyfe

So we're living in Louisiana now. That's weird. But also cool. I've always been fascinated/obsessed with the South and now I'm getting my first taste of it! Dez was such a champ on the plane ride and made the travel pretty easy for me. My dad and Colby are rockstars for driving our crap 24 hours.

I love the "y'alls", smell of the humid air (glorious), and what I've had of Cajun food so far!

It's HOT here for sure, but it's good knowing it will only get cooler from here. Until next summer of course. I can't wait for a warm (or at least non-cold/snowy) winter. The past few days have had the biggest, craziest thunderstorms!

I also got to put my years of jr. high French to use when a guy at the grocery store asked if we had a little boy or little girl in French. At first I didn't think he was talking to us and if I was I was just caught so off guard because he said it like he assumed everyone just spoke/understood French (maybe everybody does?). Colby was looking really confused and it was cool that I was able to answer back and I knew what he said! Not that it was the most complicated question, but it was awesome that my language skill came in handy for once! It's also cool that so many street names and restaurants are French. Such a different culture! I love it.

Saying goodbye to Grandma Teri at the airport. Our families rock.

Freddys' in Houston! I haven't had this taste of heaven in two years and it's so good I want to cry.


THE CUSTARD OH MY GOSH IT'S SO GOOD.

First taste of Cajun food! It's a good thing we aren't rich. We'd be so fat.

Sunday nap with Grandpa.

He's too yummy.


Exploring the university! Just your everyday campus swamp.


We love Grandpa Jason!

We got spoiled rotten while my dad was out here hanging out with us for a few days and we hated to see him go!

No comments:

Post a Comment