Monday, October 2, 2017

Welcome Baby Chesney - One Month

I know I've mentioned nothing about pregnancy, birth, or literally anything else for almost two years (!), but our perfect baby girl Chesney Lila was born on September 2nd and was 8 lbs 10 oz and 19.5 inches. I can't believe it's been a month by also I can. Kids make time so weird.

At her 2 week appointment she had already gained a half pound and somehow grown over 2 inches. She now weighs 10 lbs 6 oz and is 22.5 inches. Still wearing newborn clothes but just last night switched over to size 1 diapers. We ran out of newborn ones, but they were probably getting too small anyway.

Like her brother at her age, she refuses to sleep until 1 or 2 am if we're lucky. Completely ridiculous. I definitely lose my mind more often than not, so it's a good thing she's cute. In the last week or two she has started giving me at least a 3 hour stretch at night, and once even went about 5! It was glorious. Her first couple weeks she literally woke up every hour/hour and a half to eat and I was so happy Colby was home in the afternoons so I could take a nap!













Loves: Acting like she's hungry and freaking out 30 seconds after I start feeding her. She's usually really fussy at night and it's extremely hard to get her to sleep.

Being held. Holding her against my chest used to be the fool-proof way to get her to fall asleep, but she's grown out of that and now hates being held like that if she's fussy at all. But she does enjoy being held in pretty much all other ways.

Getting bounced/patted really hard on the back or bum. Sometimes I feel like I'm patting way too hard, but it's the only way she'll chill out sometimes.

Hates: She used to cry during baths, but lately she doesn't so I guess she doesn't hate them anymore!

I wouldn't say she hates the swing, but definitely doesn't love it like Dez did! Again, she has to be perfectly happy or already asleep before getting put in. It's not a tool we can use to calm her down.

So basically when she's fussiest I have absolutely no idea about what she's hating most in life.

All in all I'd say she's definitely a little more drama than her brother, but most of the time she's a pretty good baby and we're all obsessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment